Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Backus Packus Breakus Bones

This story seems to be in a continuing series of stories about people paranoid of backpacks. Here's an anonymous story about one such event:
This is probably the most boring story ever. I get on the 11 to go home from class last week and I had one of those shoulder bags where the flap occasionally flips open. The bus was packed because it was just after 5, so I stand in the very corner near the flip up wheel chair seats.

Beside me, there's a woman who appears to be 80-85 talking to a man about the same age about how "mothers with strollers get respect on the bus but old folks with walkers and canes don't." (She happened to have neither.)

So the bus stops and slap of my bag swings forward and his this woman's knee. She goes "That girl's bag must way 20 pounds and hit my fractured knee!" Everyone watching knew it didn't so I just ignored her.

The second time, the bus stops and the flap hits her leg again so I go to hold it closed. She goes "Excuse me, I already have a fractured rib, I don't need a fractured knee!"

Well, I had to get off at that point because everyone was staring at me and I was embarrassed as fuck.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but I couldn't help laughing. I can just imagine the look on the girl's face while being harassed by the senile old lady. I remember having days like that before too. It's a good thing I don't have to ride a bus anymore after I got my own car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same lady, lived in NY months earlier. https://www.facebook.com/humansofnewyork/photos/a.102107073196735.4429.102099916530784/215399998534108/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, next time just stare the crazies down.

    ReplyDelete