Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Spit your Spitz somewherez else

Here's a really gross story from Holly:
I climbed aboard the crowded 137 St. Norbert and managed to find a seat at the very back of the bus. After a few moments, a waft of some sort of nut smell filled my nostrils. Across from me sat a quirky regular, today we'll call him Mr. Seed. Mr. Seed would reach into his lunch bag, toss some sunflower seeds in his mouth, spit the shells into his hand, then flick the saliva-coated shells into a Ziploc bag. On a packed bus. Disgusting.

Mr. Seed changed seats to then sit in an empty seat next to me at the very back, continuing with his snacking. As the bus began emptying out, Awesome Guy sitting on the other side of me was about to get off the bus and he had had enough of Mr. Seed's poor choice of snack. He sarcastically said to Mr. Seed, "That was considerate of you to spit in your hand then touch the poles." I began giggling. Mr. Seed said, "I haven't touched anything." Awesome Guy corrected him and said, "You touched that pole AND that pole." I burst out laughing at this point. Mr. Seed half-heartedly said, "Sorry," and halted his snacking.

After Awesome Guy left the bus and my laughing subsided, Mr. Seed turned to me for solace (WHY?!?!) and said, "I'd hate to know what other germs are all over this bus." I said to him, "I feel the same way as that guy. That (the seed eating and spitting on a bus) is pretty disgusting." I think Mr. Seed quietly said, "I'm on a diet," or something like that. I'm not entirely sure as I was listening to my iPod and his attempt to justify spitting in his hand wasn't worth turning down my music. He then went on to say about kids with snot on bars, blah blah blah. I clearly was not listening so he trailed off and stopped talking.

People, having a snack that requires you to put saliva on your hand is NOT a snack to have on a bus, diet or not! You can get shelled seeds.

6 comments:

  1. What the Hell? Who is contributing these non-stories? You & Backus Packus Smackus (previous post)are out to ruin this fun website aren't you!?! Be more funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you are going to be this phobic about saliva, make sure you sit at the back of the bus otherwise someone might sneeze on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh. It's kinda gross, but it's not like he took a shit in a bag right on the bus or something. Actually, it kinda seems like this guy was unnecessarily bullied. Wasn't the first guys' comment enough?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually think it was pretty considerate of him to use his hand and the bag. I kept expecting the story to veer to "He was spitting shells right on the floor!!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like OP is a bitch.

    ReplyDelete