Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Sociologist Sociopath

This comes from reader, Samantha and happened last summer:
I was on the 14 going down St. Mary's to Main Street on my way to work. It was about 2 o'clock in the afternoon. There was a group of children on the bus (ages 7-12ish I'd say) and 2 leaders (I'd say 16ish). I assumed they were some sort of young day camp.

So at about Marion, this flamboyant looking middle aged man, who reeked of alcohol, gets on the bus and goes straight to the back where I, and this group of kids, were sitting and starts talking to them. He was clearly intoxicated, so the kids and leaders were just grinning and bearing the situation..trying not to make it any worse.

Then he moves closer and starts hitting on the female leader, saying she was beautiful and asking her if he could kiss her. This girl's face went from awkward smile to sheer terror. I felt bad for the girl, so I got up and told the bus driver exactly what was happening and she screamed at the man the get the hell off the bus.

The intoxicated man did not go quietly, but screaming that he did nothing wrong and that he was a sociologist...I think he meant sociopath.

Remember folks..this is 2 in the afternoon, not even on a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment