Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Garbage Man

Here's an eerie and sad sighting by Ayden of the 14 Garbage Man:
One morning I was heading to school on the 14, and somewhere along Ellice this man got on the bus and sat 2 rows in front of me. He did not appear to care about his appearance at all, and looked like he hadn't had a shower in a few days. I didn't pay too much attention to him until I saw him lean forward and his ratty white T-shirt lifted up and I saw something on his back. It took me a minute or so to figure out what it was. The man leaned forward again, and sure enough, it was a plastic grocery bag, a receipt and some sort of chocolate bar wrapper stuck to his back.

Still to this day, I can't figure out how someone could get up and dressed without realizing you have a fricken bag and garbage stuck to your skin.
"Garbage Man" by Aaron Lopresti

No comments:

Post a Comment